RTIwala Writes on Honeypreet Insan: She’s shattered, she’s devastated. And why not? From the glitz and glamour of the extravagant Queen of the Dera to a common imprisoner sleeping on a rug, Honeypreet Insan’s life is no short of a Bollywood movie. Police officials involved in interrogating her have repeatedly spoke about her non-cooperation with the investigation process. In the past four days, Honeypreet Insan has been accompanied to all the places that she’s stayed at during her 38-day escapade, but to no much avail. As of now, she’s in police custody, pleading to be sent to Sunaria Jail, where her ‘Papa’ is held up.
A lot of pomp and show. A lot of chaos. Cities were burnt in the name of faith. And this is the place it all led to. Dera Sacha Sauda chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim was convicted and jailed for 20 years in rape cases. His aide, so-called daughter, and angel Honeypreet Insan have been absconding. For the last 38 days, police in seven states were on the lookout for her. She was named among 43 most-wanted by the Haryana Police. Even the Nepal Police was involved in the search. A famous media house, finally tracked Honeypreet Insan to an undisclosed location today.
Dismissing rumors of her alleged sexual relationship with Gurmeet Ram Rahim, Honeypreet said her relations with the Dera chief are pure and blamed the media for maligning a father-daughter relationship. This is a shocking revelation by her. Honeypreet claimed she was suffering from depression, which was the sole reason for her disappearance. She also said that she was unaware of the legal processes involved.
“After my father’s departure, I became helpless. I did what people guided me to do. I will now go to the Punjab and Haryana High Court. But, it will take me some time to handle my present state of mind,“ said Honeypreet.
Following Ram Rahim’s conviction in the rape cases, he was flown from Panchkula to a Rohtak jail and Honeypreet had accompanied him. She stayed at a guest house in Rohtak on the night of August 25. The next day, August 26, she reached the Dera headquarters in Sirsa where she met Chairperson Vipassana Insan. She stayed at the Dera headquarters for the night and the next morning she left the premises without informing anyone. She could not be found for 38 days.
So Where Was Honeypreet All This While?
- Honeypreet visited her brother’s in-laws house in Hanumangarh and stayed there for August 27 and August 28.
- She left Hanumangarh just before police reached there looking for her on August 29.
- On August 30, she stayed at a Dera follower’s house in Rajasthan’s Sangaria.
- She was spotted at a shopping mall in Udaipur on September 2. By the time police reached the spot, they could only find a Dera caretaker.
- News of Honeypreet being spotted in Nepal started doing the rounds and a search was launched.
- Unable to find Honeypreet in Nepal, police tracked her to Ram Rahim’s native village Gurusar Modia. Yet again, Honeypreet gave police the slip.
- Honeypreet met her lawyer in Delhi’s Lajpat Nagar on September 25. She stayed there for two hours but police reached the spot two days later after scanning the CCTV footage of the area.
- Police searched a flat and some other locations in Gurugram but Honeypreet managed to stay a step ahead of them.
- On October 3, Honeypreet was tracked by media house, India Today.
Latest Update On Honeypreet Insan
Honeypreet Insan is currently remanded in a six-day police custody. This action was taken by a Panchkula Court in connection with the deadly violence after Ram Rahim’s conviction. Haryana Police might take necessary steps in extending the same to a 14-day remand.
(Inputs by Gehna Kundra)