RTIwala Entertainment: Bollywood Mastani Queen a.k.a. Deepika Padukone turned 32 on January 5. Daughter of renowned National Badminton player Prakash Padukone, Deepika started off with the same sport but ended up becoming one of the finest artists Bollywood has ever produced. Here, RTIwala takes you through some really interesting facts about the Padmavat protagonist.
What you must know about the little child that Deepika has been in her younger days?
Deepika Padukone was born in Copenhagen and brought up in Bangalore, on 5th January, 1986. The girl is the elder child of Prakash Padukone and Ujjala Padukone. Her younger sister Anisha plays golf and her mother worked as a travel agent. The 32 years old actress, in her teenage, played badminton like her father as she thought that it ran in the family. She had participated enthusiastically into many National Level Championships but then turned onto modeling.
At 10, she was confident about taking modeling as her career and quit badminton. In 2004 she started for professional modeling under Prasad Bidapa as her mentor. She had also worked as a child artist in various advertisements during age 8.
Top 10 Interesting Facts about the Birthday girl Deepika Padukone:
With a massive success of ‘Om Shanti Om’, Deepika became the another Bollywood Queen of hearts overnight. Her filmography includes bunch of both hits and flops, Bachna Ae Haseeno, Chandni Chowk To China, Housefull, Love Aaj Kal, Cocktail, Goliyon Ki Raasleela-RamLeela, Piku, Aarakhshan, Bajirao Mastani to xXx-Return of Xander Cage etc . And since then she never looked back, having millions of fan following on Twitter and Facebook, she proved to be the real ‘Million Dollar Girl’.
Let’s find out some interesting facts about her:
1. Deepika was born in Copenhagen and migrated to India, Bangalore.
2. She not only played Badminton but was also a baseball player.
3. Deepika was about to make her Bollywood debut with Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Saawariya. Later, Sonam Kapoor was taken on-board.
5. She runs her own clothing line for women and is the founder of ‘The Live Love Laugh Foundation’, which creates awareness of mental health in India.
6. She adopted a village named Ambegaon in Maharashtra and helps them with their daily needs.
7. She learnt Japanese martial art form of Jujutsu for ‘Chandni Chowk to China’ and performed without any body double.
8. She also supports her father’s organization, Olympic Gold Quest which works for the betterment of Indian athletes.
9. Deepika had the acting genes in her right from her birth, as she is related to the legendary filmmaker of the yesteryear, Guru Dutt. The real name of Guru Dutt was Vasanth Padukone.
10. She is the only actress till date who has yet not paired with the ‘Bhaai’ of Bollywood, Salman Khan.