RTIwala Team answers all your question about Priya Ranjan Dasmunsi! As you may have been reading or hearing about the sudden demise of Priya Ranjan Dasmunsi on news channels and news websites. We’re going to tell you about Who was Priya Ranjan Dasmunsi? Top 7 Unknown Facts about Priya Ranjan Dasmunsi which you should know!
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 510.00Was: INR 595.00
Price: Out of stock
Price: INR 330.00Was: INR 460.00
Price: INR 195.00
Price: INR 653.00Was: INR 695.00
Price: INR 889.00Was: INR 2,828.00
Price: INR 477.00Was: INR 799.00
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: INR 320.00Was: INR 399.00
Who was Priya Ranjan Dasmunsi?
He was a senior Congress party leader, former Union minister and MP from Raiganj constituency in West Bengal. He was survived by his wife Deepa Dasmunsi and son Priyadeep Dasmunsi. Dasmunsi was President of Indian Youth Congress in West Bengal from 1970 to 1971. The late leader entered the Indian Parliament in 1971.
Related: What is AIPC or Professionals’ Congress?
He was sworn in as Union Minister of State, Commerce in 1985. Late Priya Ranjan Dasmunsi was the cabinet minister in Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs and Ministry of Information and Broadcasting during the first term of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
When and How Priya Ranjan Dasmunsi Died?
The Congress Statesman suffered a massive stroke on October 12, 2008. which left him partially paralysed and unable to speak. Blood supply to a part of his brain was cut off causing irreversible damage. His body systems were functional but he breathed through a tracheostomy tube attached to his neck and was fed through a PEG tube in his stomach. All basic life functions like breathing, blood pressure, sleep-wake cycle were stable but he was not conscious of his surroundings.
Also Read: Most Expensive Mobile Phones gifted to Ministers and Govt Officials
Mr PR Dasmunsi (72), died at 12.10 p.m. today (Monday). He had been critically ill for the past one month and unfortunately succumbed to his illness, said Apollo Hospital in a statement.
Top 7 Unknown Facts about Priya Ranjan Dasmunsi
- Late Dasmunsi was the first Indian to be a match commissioner in a World Cup match in 2006.
- Dasmunsi also served as the President of the All India Football Federation (AIFF) for almost 20 years.
- Dasmunsi was President of Indian Youth Congress in West Bengal from 1970 to 1971.
- He entered the Indian Parliament in 1971. He was sworn in as Union Minister of State, Commerce in 1985.
- The whole expenditure and all hospital bills are paid by Government of India.
- Priya Ranjan Dasmunsi’s dream to set up an AIIMS-like hospital in Raiganj remained unfulfilled.
- His wife Deepa Dasmunsi contested against her brother-in-law brother Satyaranjan Dasmunsi and won the 2009 LS election from the Raiganj constituency in West Bengal by TMC.
All the Names, Images and Trademarks are registered property of their respective owners.
RTIwala | Empowering the masses… by RTIwala Team is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at rtiwala.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at contact-us/