Who’s Abdul Qavi Desnavi? Why Google Doodle for him?
RTIwala Explains everything you should know about Abdul Qavi Desnav and his contributions to Urdu. As we all know that Google used to celebrate the birth and death anniversary of people, places and things. And, today is 87th Birth Anniversary of one of Indias greatest Urdu Poet!
Abdul Qavi Desnavi was born in village Desna, Bihar of block Asthawan to the family of Muslim scholar Syed Sulaiman Nadvi. Desnavi was the son of Syed Mohammed Saeed Raza, who was Professor of Urdu, Arabic and Persian languages in St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai.
Why Google Doodle for Abdul Qavi Desnavi?
The contribution of Abdul Qavi Desnavi for the Urdu language as a whole is quite significant. Abdul Qavi Desnavi got his primary education in Arrah town of Bihar state. Then thereafter he completed his Graduation and PG in First from St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai.
Also Read: Top 10 Unbelievable Facts about Gandhi Ji
He joined Urdu department in Saifia Post Graduate College in February 1961. He became Professor and head of the Urdu department of Saifia College. He was a well known literary figure in India and in the Urdu world.
Top 5 Unknown Facts about Abdul Qavi Desnavi
- He was the author of famous Urdu Literature books including ‘Sat Tahriren,’ ‘Motala-E-Khotoot Ghalib,’ ‘Talash-E-Azad,’.
- The biographical ‘Hayat-e-Abul Kalam Azad,’ which celebrated the life of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad was most appreciated by Urdu lovers.
- Abdul Qavi Desnavi mentored a few of India’s best Urdu poets and writers such as Javed Akhtar and Iqbal Masood,” Google’s blog reads.
- He was born into the family of Muslim scholar Sulaiman Nadvi, claimed to be descended from and who was a recognized historian and biographer of Muhammad, the last and final messenger of Allah (Wikipedia).
- He was also the Dean Faculty of Arts, Barkatullah University Bhopal (1980–1982) & Secretary of Madhya Pradesh Urdu Academy, Bhopal (1991–92).
All the Names, Images and Trademarks are registered property of their respective owners.
RTIwala | Empowering the masses… by RTIwala Team is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at rtiwala.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at contact-us/